ACE Massage Cupping Therapy™ 2-Day Basic Training
CEUs: 16 NCBTMB-approved CEUs
This workshop reviews the history of vacuum therapies, applications and contraindications, and all of the foundation movements and techniques. A demonstration will illustrate the immediate treatment applications, as well as the invaluable information that the body reveals through the lens of the cup. This presentation will explain the effects of VacuTherapies™ on the body and how these effects can result in dramatic changes in client conditions. As an adjunct therapy to chiropractic manipulations, medical protocols, and surgical recovery, ACE Massage Cupping™ therapy accelerates patient progress. The end result is happy clients and increased referrals from medical professionals!
One of the most amazing aspects of this technique is the “separation” that the vacuum produces in tissue layers. This enables water absorption and renewed blood flow to undernourished and dehydrated tissue as well as the elimination of old waste and congestion.
Along with the substantial health benefits of clearing old debris, the use of suction is invaluable in releasing soft tissue, scars and restricted fascia. Sports professionals are benefitting from the ease of recovery from injury or surgery and an increase in athletic performance, and major league sports teams are utilizing the therapy.
This class will leave you asking “Why didn’t someone show me this before?”
ACE Massage Cupping Level 1
ACE Massage Cupping Therapy™ is an incredible modality that can be added to any massage or healthcare practice. This 22 CEU course includes education in theory and application of ACE Massage Cupping™ therapy, along with demonstrations of techniques and treatments using manual vacuum tools. ACE Massage Cupping™ therapy greatly enhances the benefits of massage, decreases physical strain on the practitioner, and increases revenues through add-on services.
This ancient tool has been adapted for bodywork and is powerfully therapeutic for many conditions. ACE Massage Cupping™ therapy is effective in addressing conditions such as inflammation, tissue congestion, movement restrictions, scar tissue, and chronic pain. Great results have been observed when using ACE Massage Cupping therapy for surgical preparation and recovery. It has also proven itself to be effective in athletic performance enhancement and medical weight loss programs, including bariatric surgery.
This versatile technique mimics massage movements ranging from deep tissue and myofascial release to the light pumping movements of lymphatic drainage. Used regularly, ACE Massage Cupping™ therapy is a terrific approach to promoting wellness for our clients.
This three-day workshop is fun and informative, with plenty of hands-on activity. Students will leave the class with a working knowledge on using the techniques in their practice.
MediCupping Level 1
22 CEUs (NCBTMB)
MediCupping™ provides a wonderful bridge to the medical community, with special applications for surgical preparation and recovery, chiropractic and orthopedic work, conditions associated with Diabetes, Parkinson’s, Fibromylagia, and much more. The results are fast and comfortable for the client and practitioner, and noticeably impressive to medical professionals.
As an adjunct therapy for massage, physical therapy and chiropractic work, easy resolution of soft tissue issues enhances procedures and adjustments to accelerate client progress. Preoperative and postoperative conditions such as scarring and restriction quickly respond to this gentle, yet effective, therapy. Athletic performance and injury recovery is also accelerated without discomfort.
This MediCupping™ Level 1 workshop reviews the history of vacuum therapies, applications and contraindications, and all of the foundation movements. Client intake, assessment and charting are addressed, and the practitioner comes to view the client through the cup, learning to discern information that the body reveals as it is being treated. The second day of the workshop focuses on athletic performance, pathologies, and deep tissue issues, as well as the use of magnets to accelerate results. The final day is dedicated to the lymphatic system and “Solid Bloat”, including specialized work with obesity and client weight loss programs as well as diabetes and edema.
Students will work with and become skilled at using the MC-600 VacuTherapy machine and/or MM-600 VacuTherapy machine, and will experience intensive hands-on exposure to the techniques that are presented.
Kinesio Taping Method Courses
Day 1 and Day 2: Fundamental Concepts and Techniques
In order to attend a Kinesio Taping seminar, each attendee must meet all of the following criteria:
2. Have a working knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
3. Be able to do assessments by evaluating and/or diagnosing injuries and conditions
4. Achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials: ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CRN, CST, CT, CWS, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SLP, Paramedics, Kinesiotherapist and Kinesiologists.
This course presents all the concepts and techniques of Kinesio Taping in an expedited course format. This course will be held over an 8 Hour two-day period with a 4 Hour Pre-course. The Kinesio online Pre-course must be completed prior to attending course. The first day will present an overview of the development of the Kinesio Taping Method, Fundamental concepts, assessments and screening tests, and begin to introduce Kinesio Correction taping techniques. After completing fundamental concepts, the course will move into advanced techniques and clinical reasoning. Attendees will problem solve complex clinical cases requiring the application of multiple Kinesio taping techniques. Lab sessions will provide time to practice assessments and screenings, plus applying techniques to a variety of upper and lower body conditions. Instructors will provide personalized feedback to each attendee to insure a thorough grasp of the taping concepts and techniques.
By the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
- List the best use for each type of Kinesio Tex Tape.
- Describe and demonstrate cutting at least 4 different Kinesio Taping application tape shapes: I Strip, Y Strip, Web Cut, X Cut, ETC.
- Describe a situation where it would be appropriate to use different tape cuts.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of KMT, EDF, and Kinesio Assessments.
- Demonstrate a method of safely removing Kinesio Tex Tape from skin.
- Demonstrate the use of Kinesio Screening Assessments to identify target tissue for treatment.
- Demonstrate the proper application of Kinesio Epidermis, Dermis and Fascia Taping technique.
- Demonstrate the proper application of corrective techniques: Fascia, Mechanical, Space, Functional, Lymphatic, Tendon, Ligament and Muscle Correction.
- Describe the difference between an underactive and overactive muscle correction application.
- Identify appropriate tension range for each corrective technique.
- Describe the difference between a ligament correction and tendon correction.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Epidermis Correction Technique- Web Layering.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Dermis Correction technique- Jellyfish.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Fascia Correction Techniques- Rams Head and Manual Fascial Glide.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Circulatory Lymphatic Correction Technique- Basket Weave.
- Demonstrate the application of advanced Space Correction Technique- Scar Management Techniques.
- Demonstrate integration of Muscle Direction Tests, Screening Assessments, and Corrective Techniques to treat complex injuries such as Whiplash, Shoulder Impingement, and Chronic Knee Pain.
- In a small group setting identify 3 items on a problem list and goal list from specified case studies and develop appropriate interventions using tape as a modality and defend to the class.
- Be able to apply the Kinesio Medical Taping method to a variety of muscular, orthopedic and neurological conditions.
KT4 Specialty Sports/Orthopedic
The KT4 Sports/Orthopedic course is focused on sports conditions. During the KT4 Sports/Orthopedic course, attendees will practice their skills on a variety of applications correlated with specific clinical sports conditions. This course is designed to give attendees guidelines on how to combine the concepts learned in the KT1, KT2, and KT3 courses with the concepts of sport medicine. This course is also designed to give attendees the chance to learn and practice specific applications related to specific sports dysfunctions. During this course, attendees will face problem-solving and specific taping techniques correlated with the healing process of joint and soft tissues, posture correction to provide stimulations to restore good posture for athletes, and lower and upper limb injuries. Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to combine the Kinesio Taping Method with specific sport conditions following guidelines learned during this course and developing the skills necessary to adapt Kinesio Taping Techniques to specific needs of athletes. This will enable the attendees to create an individualized treatment correlated to the phase of the healing process as well as the specific sport injury, sport performed, and position that the athlete occupies on the field.
By the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Enhances achieving the common objectives of Sports Medicine Practitioners
- Learn Kinesio Taping Methods for:
- Common athletic injuries
- Recognizing “local” vs. “global” issues
- Treating overuse issues
- Treating the cause of the symptoms
- Improving clinical condition of the athletes correlated to athletic performance
- Integration of the Kinesio Taping Method into the treatment protocol of an injury from the initial onset of the injury, healing stages, rehabilitation, and return to activity
- Teaching and learning the proper posture, core strength, and movement patterns can be greatly enhanced with proper use of the Kinesio Taping Method
- Review and study the current trends of the Kinesio Taping Method in relationship to current trends in Sports Medicine
Introduction to Orthopedic and Pain Management Massage
- This course focuses on clinician development and integrating course knowledge and therapeutic process.
- Goal is to continue to help the clinician develop their own skills as it applies to Orthopedic and Pain Management Massage.
- Instruction is focused on core stabilization and clinician awareness of its importance as it relates to the effectiveness of treatment.
Orthopedic and Pain Management Massage - Lower Body (16 Hours)
- This course focuses on lower body conditions as pertaining to Orthopedic and Pain Management Massage
- The goal of this course is to provide the clinician with an in depth knowledge and understanding of the most common lower body conditions that pertain to Orthopedic and Pain Management Massage.
- Instruction will be focused on the following conditions: low back pain, sciatica, Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, inversion ankle sprain, shin splints, anterior-lateral shin splints, anterior compartment syndrome, posterior medial shin splints and stress fractures.
Day One – Instruction
Day Two – Instruction and Hands-On
Orthopedic and Pain Management Massage – Upper Body (16 Hours)
- This course focuses on upper body conditions as pertaining to Orthopedic and Pain Management Massage
- The goal of this course is to provide the clinician with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the most common upper body conditions that pertain to Orthopedic and Pain Management Massage.
- Instruction will be focused on the following conditions: Rotator cuff tear pain supraspinatus tendonitis, bicipital tendonitis, thoracic outlet problem, and frozen shoulder syndrome
Day One – Instruction
Day Two – Instruction and Hands-On
**Pre-requisite: Introduction to Orthopedic & Pain Management Massage or equivalent. For a pre-requisite other than Orthopedic & Pain Management please speak to the instructor prior to signing up for the course.
***This 7.5 hour class is for the massage therapist who wants to develop assessment skills of upper and lower body conditions, acute and chronic in nature.
This class is an opportunity for the massage therapist to improve their assessment and treatment strategies for orthopedic conditions. The massage therapist should come prepared with questions and concerns regarding their clients and the conditions they face. The course is designed to help the clinician build assessment skills and strategies. It is meant for clinicians to improve their therapeutic skill set and treatment strategy. The instructor will focus on helping the clinician to apply knowledge that incorporates:
- Physiological landmarks where muscles, ligaments and tendons attach. (Including PSIS – Posterior Superior Illiacus Spine, ASIS – Anterior Superior Illiacus Spine, The Greater Tubercle).
- Assessing muscle imbalance
- The clinician combining all knowledge and skills sets they have learned to date to help treat the client
- Quick assessment of a starting point for treatment
This class will provide advanced theoretical instruction in the field of Orthopedic and Pain Management Massage. It will include instruction for both upper and lower body conditions. Theoretical instruction will include advanced training in assessment and treatment of the following conditions (including but not limited to) low back pain/sciatica, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, shin splints, frozen shoulder syndrome, supraspinatus tendonitis, rotator cuff tear pain and bicipital tendonitis. The clinician should be able to utilize assessment and treatment strategies from session to session with their clients to promote therapeutic healing and treatment progress.
Who Should Attend?
- Practitioners with an interest in Orthopedic and Pain Management Massage
- Practitioners who what to increase their knowledge of upper and lower body conditions
- Practitioners who want advanced training in assessing and treating orthopedic conditions
- Practitioners wanting to achieve optimum health for their clients